This year is almost over! Can you believe it’s already time for New Years? With just a few days left, have you set any resolutions for 2017? Maybe you haven’t even thought about it yet. If that’s the case, here are a few tips to spark some ideas and get you moving in the right direction. Let’s make 2017 your BEST, healthiest year yet!
Five Things to Learn in 2017
- How to really read nutrition labels and common marketing scams to watch out for.
- How to find an exercise routine that’s FUN.
- How to eat mindfully.
- How to say “no” sometimes.
- How to stand tall and improve your posture. (Ask us about signing up for a posture assessment!)
Five Ways to Save Money on Health and Fitness in 2017
- Skip the gym membership. Let us help you develop an in-home or outdoor healthy living plan just for YOU.
- Bike instead of drive.
- Instead of using your dryer, hang out your gym socks, shorts, and sports bra to dry. You’ll pay less on your electric bill and help the environment.
- Refill a BPA-free water bottle at the fountain instead of buying a new plastic water bottle every time you exercise.
- Never grocery shop when you’ve got the munchies. You’ll buy more than you need!
Five New Places to Try a Workout in 2017
- The beach – It’s such a refreshing and invigorating place to exercise.
- The swimming pool – Water aerobics is fun and easy on the joints.
- Your living room – Try a new workout video you can do in the comforts of your home.
- The stairs – Skip the elevator to burn more calories.
- Roser Church –If you haven’t tried our Boomer Bootcamp or Roser-robics Sit&Fit class, give it a try!
Five New Foods to Incorporate into Your Diet
- Pistachios – They lower cholesterol and contain heart healthy fats.
- Pomegranates – They’re packed with antioxidants and could help with inflammation.
- Salmon – In addition to heart-healthy omega-3s, salmon contains bone-strengthening vitamin D.
- Chamomile tea – A daily cup could help reduce your chances of diabetes.
- Basil – Researchers are now finding that the yummy herb has anti-aging properties.
Five Things to Cross Off Your To-do List
- Learn about your health insurance or Medicare plan – your gym membership and other preventative services might be covered.
- Schedule your annual exams.
- Clean out your medicine cabinet, tossing all expired items.
- Find a workout or walking buddy.
- Get your flu shot.
Five Healthy Items to Invest In
- Health coach or personal trainer
- BPA-free water bottle
- Well-fitting sneakers
- Workout and food journal
- Small, portable cooler
Five Words to Incorporate into Your Every Day
- “No” -as in, you’re not going to have that second slice of chocolate cake
- “Natural” -as in, peanut butter and sweetener
- “Brown” -as in rice, cereal, bread and any other whole-grain item
- “Mindful” -as in eating and living
- “Healthy” -as opposed to skinny or fat
Five Ways to Stay Motivated Right Through to 2018
- Join “The Daniel Plan,” an 8-week healthy living and weight-loss program starting at Roser Church in January. (More info coming soon!)
- Each month, learn at least one exercise you find intimidating.
- Find at least one restaurant near your home or work that serves a healthy meal you can eat on days when you don’t have time to cook.
- Load your phone or iPod with new, upbeat music.
- Work with a Boomers N Motion Coach!
Stay happy, healthy, and N motion, AND REMEMBER…age is just a number!